EXCEPTIONAL CARE AND SAFETY FOR EXCEPTIONAL TIMES
What you need to know prior to your arrival to Saint Peter’s
As we navigate through and beyond COVID-19, nothing is more important than your family’s health and safety.
Rest assured at Saint Peter’s Healthcare System we’re resuming elective surgeries, medical procedures and office visits while maintaining heightened safety and patient care precautions.
From our emergency rooms to our hospital patient care areas and physician offices, we’ve put stringent safety and patient care protocols in place to prevent and reduce the spread of coronavirus.
So, if you need medical treatment, we’re ready to care for you safely.
COVID-19 Point of Entry Screening
To ensure the health and safety of our community, Saint Peter’s staff will conduct a COVID screening and temperature assessment of all patients and visitors upon arrival to Saint Peter’s.
Patients will be asked the following questions on the day of their scheduled surgery or procedure:
- Were you contacted by the office/department to be screened this week prior to your visit today?
- If you answer ‘yes,’, you will be asked if there have been any changes in your medical condition. If ‘yes,’ you will be asked the following:
- Are you COVID Positive?
- Do you have a cough, shortness of breath or fever?
- Do you have shaking chills or muscle pain?
- Do you have nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Do you have new loss of smell or taste?
- Had close contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you been seen by a doctor or in the ER within the last 14 days?
- Have you been recently tested for COVID-19?
- Have you had contact with anyone recently sent for testing for any of the above symptoms?
All patients and visitors must wear masks, maintain proper social distancing of 6 feet and practice hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette while at Saint Peter’s. Patients and visitors will be provided a mask upon arrival. We ask that you properly discard your mask in a trash bin when leaving Saint Peter’s to help us keep our environment clean and safe.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.